Neuropsychological evaluation of Cognitive, Emotional and Behavioral Problems
Psychological tests are methods of providing an in depth look at how an individual thinks, feels, and behaves. A thorough evaluation is essential in diagnosing neurodevelopmental disorders such as:
- ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder)
- Dyslexia and other learning disorders
- Autistic spectrum disorders
- Emotional Disorders
In order to answer complex diagnostic questions, evaluations involve:
- A detailed history of the individual’s learning difficulties, including gathering past school and medical reports.
- Administration of a battery of standardized measures suited to the referral question. These include……Personality measures and projective tests may be used to explore the emotional aspects of a problem.
- A detailed report will be prepared (not offered)
- Specific recommendations will be presented, including referrals to resources you need such as schools, advocates or tutors.
- Recommendations often include necessary academic accommmodations such as additional time on standaraized tests or use of assistive technology.
I work closely with educational advocates to insure that struggling students receive an education that reflects their specific needs. I am well experienced at testifying at educational hearings intended to insure that children with handicapping conditions are receiving all the services to which they are entitled by public law.